I have to say Halloween is so much more fun with kids. I love being part of their excitement of dressing-up, talking about Halloween, running door-to-door, etc. All of us dressed-up this year. Annika was a witch, I was her black cat, Gavin a Seahawks football player and Andy was Gavin's #1 Fan. Ava was "Daddy's little pumpkin". She stayed bundled up against Daddy as we walked around.
We went to the church trunk-or-treat party Friday night and to a friends party after. Gavin loved showing others the candy he scored. Annika loved doing her witch laugh for everyone. She practiced for a couple months. Honestly, I never got tired of it. It's pretty cute hearing her and Gavin squeal and laugh together.
Today, being Halloween, was all about food and how creative we could be with our meals. For Breakfast we ate pumpkin waffles, lunch was tuna sandwiches cut-out as pumpkins, Dinner we enjoyed fruit salad in orange bowls (to look like pumpkins), deviled eggs, mummy pizzas, and witch brooms for dessert. The brooms were fun and easy to make. I would cut slits in fruit roll-ups and Annika would wrap them around pretzel sticks.
The Bjorn Grandparents came to help us enjoy the trick-or-treating. We went with some of Annika's neighbor friends too. Gavin made sure he didn't miss a house and Annika made sure all of her candy was counted before the evening came to a close (see below picture). Gavin was finished walking the neighborhood before Annika so Gavin and I sat on our porch step eating M&Ms and passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Kids are now in bed and I am enjoying a reese's peanut butter cup and starburst as I type. Oh, the joys of eating the kids candy in silence.
We hope you had a fun and safe Halloween as well.
3 comments:
Very cute! I wish I could have heard Annika's witch laugh. I bet it was way cute. Glad you had a great Halloween.
What fun! True...children do make halloween special. Many fun memories of when you where little
Hi Marylyn! Thanks for your kind words on the blog. We are finally getting into a routine and I am enjoying every minute! We look forward to her meeting your family!
Post a Comment